Engaging & Responding to core skill
- This stream uses a blended sensory and therapeutic approach
- Ensures sensory needs are met to enable engagement in learning
- Includes lots of sensory exploration
- Children may need a high level of adult support whilst nurturing independence
- Pupils may begin to access internal & external integration opportunities
- Introduction of new skills and beginning to extend them
- Features a high level of adult support to support appropriate communication
All of our curriculum streams are taught through cross-curricular themes on a 3-year rolling programme and are life-skills based, whilst showing progression in skills from EYFS to the end of key stage 2.
Our Curriculum Intent underpins everything we teach at Brooklands. These are our curriculum pillars.
- Have a purpose driven life
- Keep the World Wide
- What they can be is what they must be
We have also worked closely with our local Special Secondary School partners to ensure it is an intent that underpins the curriculum from the age of 2 to adulthood.