Connecting & Relating to core skills
- A Holistic approach, with specific ASD applied principles. Not all the children within this stream will have a diagnosis of ASD but they benefit from these teaching and learning approaches.
- Pupils are learning to be in the community
- Ensures sensory needs are met to enable engagement in learning
- Developing and encouraging independence
- Beginning to access internal & external integration opportunities
- Consolidation and extension of skills
- Learning to become spontaneous communicators with some adult support
All of our pathways are taught through cross-curricular themes on a 3-year rolling programme and are life-skills based, whilst showing progression in skills from EYFS to the end of key stage 2.
Our Curriculum Intent underpins everything we teach at Brooklands. These are our curriculum pillars.
- Have a purpose driven life
- Keep the World Wide
- What they can be is what they must be
We have also worked closely with our local Special Secondary School partners to ensure it is an intent that underpins the curriculum from the age of 2 to adulthood.