Welcome to Purple Class!
In Purple Class there are 11 children, 8 boys and 3 girls.
We have a teacher and 4 assistants to help us learn.
We use symbols, Makaton, high tech AAC devices and our voices to communicate and visual timetables to support us during the day.
Our Theme - Artists
For the second half of the Summer term our theme is "Artists".
We will look at lots of different artists and their styles of work across history and around the world. We will practice different styles and techniques used by these artists. We will also think about why artists make the kind of arts they do, what it means to different people and whether we like it or not!
The theme planner is below please have a look to get some idea of what we will be learning about at school.
Home Learning Suggestions
This theme lends itself to looking at different kinds of artists;
- Artists whose works we can access in and around Reigate; There are examples of Music, Painting, and Sculpture in the local area.
- Famous artists whose work we could go to see / listen to in public spaces, galleries and museums further afield.
There are also lots of practical artistic things to do;
- Painting; people, still life, the landscape, pets.
- Photography; taking photos and video and then working out how to change or display them.
- Sculpture; using clay, playdoh or natural materials, making sculptures from household junk.
- Collage; cutting and sticking pictures / words from magazines and papers.
If you would like to contact us then please email using the email address below;